AMEDS is a large web store that serves the home healthcare industry. With a large inventory and customer base, their product pages needed to be understandable and searchable by both medical and non-medical customers. AMEDS wanted their website to be as user-friendly and informative as possible so their customers would really enjoy their buying experience.
We designed the AMEDS website to be easily searchable by keywords, catalog number or by the type of care needed. The site allows the staff to update and modify the product pages themselves. More features that the website supports are:
- An ecommerce system based on our proprietary ecommerce web store engine.
- Self-managed product pages. The staff can instantly add new products, update product lines, and delete discontinued items.
- Related items link generation. In addition to options for products, each item viewed can suggestive sell related products. The staff assigns what items are related to each other.
- The client can declare featured items to appear on the home page. If there are products that need help selling, or a special sale is planned, those items can be tagged and moved to this prominent location.
- An automatic PDF invoice generator automatically sends a PDF invoice to the customer and to the order fulfillment department. It is printed and packaged with the order. Having these two processes run simultaneously speeds up the handling of the order.
- The website will track product inventory and won't allow a product to be sold if it's out of stock. A replenishment notification will be sent to the buyer when inventory becomes low or out of stock.
- The website supports a preferred buying group. This group will receive preferred member email alerts and discounts.